Friday 13 August 2010

I do cakes too!

Last month was my inlaws' 30th wedding anniversary and so I decided to recreate their wedding cake for their party. It seemed like a good idea at the time but in the middle of decorating it, I was ready to throw it out the window!! It turned out really well in the end and tasted rather good, even if I do say so myself!


There are more pictures, but we had to send the memory card to a data recovery company (long story) so I'm still waiting to get them back, if we ever get them at all that is. If and when, I'll post more pics of the cake.

It was three tiers - fruit cake on the bottom, chocolate butter cream sandwich in the middle and red velvet on the top. The fruit layer had marzipan on it then the fondant icing and the other two layers had butter cream on and then the fondant. I estimate it took about 12 hours to do from start to finish, and it weighed a ton! Had a very stressful 45 minute drive to the party, driving extra slow round the roundabouts but it got there in one piece and everyone was quite impressed with it. So was I to be honest!


My mother inlaw saved the pink roses from the cake and has made a nice little posy arrangement with them to keep which looks quite nice. I should confess that I didn't make the flowers but bought them from a great website and they looked very effective on the cake!


This is the first cake like this that I've made but I probably won't be making them too often as I just don't have the patience for it on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...