Monday 24 January 2011

Teaching Myself to Crochet

A couple of weekends ago, I saw a crafty mag that I haven't noticed before and so decided to splurge on it (£7.99!!) and have a go at learning to crochet.


 The mag comes with two crochet hooks and 8 balls of wool to get you started (that's why I didn't mind spending the £7.99 on it). I thought this would be a good starting point because I don't know if I will a) like crocheting or b) be any good at it. And after my attempt at knitting, I decided to go with the cheap and cheerful to begin with.


I haven't got round to starting yet, but my plan for this week it to have a go and see how I get on with it. The instructions are a bit confusing but I'm sure once I've done a few stitches I'll be alright. And if not, I shall ask my Nan-in-Law when she comes for dinner next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The only advice I can give to you is to stick with it because at first it's a bit of a nightmare but there really does come a sudden lightbulb moment when everything clicks into place and you know what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I shall let you know how I get on when I finally bite the bullet and have a go!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...