Saturday 26 March 2011

Cake Days

Everyone loves cake, especially me! Some people only like to eat cake, but I like to make it too! And, what better book of recipes than the NEW one from The Hummingbird Bakery 'Cake Days' arrived on my doorstep last week and I instantly started pouring over the gorgeous pics and recipes!!


The first cake I made was the Coffee and Chocolate Loaf and it's scrummy


We ate it all before I remembered to take a pic, but it looked just like the one in the book!



The next cake on my to bake list is the Chocolate Guinness Cake:



I will also be making cupcakes so I can master the Hummingbird frosting style which I have lusted after for quite a while! And as soon as I lay my hands on some Marshmallow Fluff, I shall be making Whoopie Pies : )


This book is one of my top faves already! With no less than 100 recipes in it, I have a lot of baking in my future! Happy days! And, Cake Days is a great title, cos every day should be a Cake Day!


See how much bigger the new book is compared to the first one?!

Read my thoughts on The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...