Thursday 5 May 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

In celebration of Mr PC's Nan's (89th) birthday, I made some rose flavoured cupcakes instead of a big cake, and they went down rather well, I must say!


The recipe is from Cake Days which I have written about before. I must say that the idea of these cupcakes is great but I was disappointed in the taste which was not very strong. Certainly the taste of the lavender cupcakes from the first book, was much stronger. However, I would make the rose cupcakes again but maybe add more of the Rose Water to see what difference it makes.


Whilst I'm on the subject of cupcake, I thought I'd share the cool poster I have in my kitchen which I think I will adopt as my personal motto:


What unsual flavours of cake have you made, and how did they turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...