Monday 23 May 2011

A day in London Town...Part 1

This blog is in two parts as there's lots to share! Part 2 to follow tomorrow.

Part 1

At the weekend, Mr PC and I had a trip to London which these days are few and far between (too expensive for regular visits!).



The absolute first thing we HAD to do was go to the brand spanking new branch of The Hummingbird Bakery which just opened near Liverpool Street Station.  After much deliberation, I opted for  a chocolate whoopie pie, and WOW was it amazing! Every bite was like a quick visit to heaven and I was sad when I ate the last bit. I will definitely be making these from the cookbook soon!!

We also went to 'world-famous' Liberty for a mooch.

Liberty - taken using the VintageCam app on my iPhone

Ever since Cherry Menlove blogged about the opening of the Dining Room, I have wanted to go feast my eyes on it! It was amazing. The perfect haven for any homebody. I was bitterly disappointed that pretty much everything I liked/wanted/had to have was out of my budget (the joys of being a contract worker) but I loved looking at all the gorgeous housewares anyway. I also drooled over the srcummy fabrics in the haberdashery dept and swooned over some truly amazing ribbons (£5 p/m, eek!) and trimmings. And, if you're wondering what I bought. Well, I can exclusively reveal, I bought this:

A large metal button with white and silver colours


Yep, that's right, a solitary button. That's all I could afford! It will take pride of place on a fuchsia pink jacket which my mum has knitted for me. I think next time I go to Liberty, I'll have to save some pennies beforehand so that I can treat myself to something lovely.

Liberty takes up the whole street!

That's all for today, tune in tomorrow for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...