Friday 15 July 2011

Creating a New Market

I have done a number of craft fairs in the last 6-7 months and have really enjoyed meeting other crafters and also the lovely peeps who buy things from our stalls. I'm tarting to get repeat visitors now which is super exciting! 

For me, meeting other like minded crafty folk is a big part of it and I do believe we should all support the handmade market. To my knowledge, there are no craft fairs in my immediate area but this does not mean that there are no artisans looking to sell their wares. After a particularly awful craft fair one weekend, I got thinking about what I felt went wrong with it and how it could have been better. This led me to thinking about what I would do if I was the organiser. And in turn, this has led me to creating my very own craft market!

I may be biting off more than I can chew, and it may go completely wrong and turn out to be a rubbish idea. But then again, it could go swimmingly and be a super successful day which can turn into a regular event..! Who knows, but I'm going to give it my best shot!!

The very first Braintree Food and Craft Market will be on Saturday 20th August 2011 at the Braintree Community Centre 10am-4pm and my aim for this event is to make it fun for all the family. More details on what will be on offer will follow in due course, but for now I'm searching for stall holders so I am unashamedly shouting out to all foodies and crafters in the Braintree/Essex area who would be interested in having a stall at this new up and coming market to get in touch!!

More info about the Braintree Food and Craft Market can be found here but you can also email me: adminATprincesscraftsDOTcoDOTuk

Please please please tell everybody about this market as without public support these events cannot survive so I urge you all to come along, bring a friend and tell everybody you know!!!!

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes putting together your first craft fair! Such an ambitious undertaking, I'm sure it'll be great. And each one will bring you more experience. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just come across your blog from kath at Inverlieth. I bought some covered buttons from your stall at the Chelmsford Vintage and Handmade fair, so pleased to find out you blog as well : ). I hope the food and handmade fair goes well for you, it sounds amazing. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was creative and organised enough to start making my own things, haha! Good luck with the craft fair.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thanks for your good wishes, I'm hoping the market will be a success and maybe I'll see some of you there!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...