Friday 2 March 2012

First Event of 2012

Tomorrow sees me doing my first event of the year, and marks the beginning of 'craft fair season'. This week I've been getting organised and have made some new items to take along. I thought I'd share a couple of pics of some new memo boards I made.


Memo board, 30x30 inches, £10


Memo board, 30x30 inches, £10  

Also coming along with me to the craft fair this weekend are the giant crochet hooks Mr PC has been making. These have sold well in my Etsy shop, I've sent them to all sorts of intereting places such as Macedonia, Lithuania, Australia, Canada and USA not to mention all four corners of the UK! It seems extreme crochet is a worldwide phenomenon!!

I needed an interesting way to display the giant hooks on the stall so got my thinking cap on:

I found a giant jar and ditched the lid

Then I grabbed some wool and made a jar 'jacket'

I tried to keep the pattern random and used rows of double crochet and trebles

And now the hooks have a home!
If you'd like to get your hands on one of my big hooks then take a look at my Etsy shop where they're up for grabs.

Tomorrow I'll be at Created on Your Doorstep, at the Village Hall in Coggeshall, near Braintree. This free event is 10am-1pm and I hear there will be tea and cakes, so you must pop along if you're in the area!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear friend, I am your new member. When I was looking for crochet baskets, I found your very nice blog and I joined. I like your crochet baskets so much. And This is a very clever idea to make a crochet cover on the jar. I like it very much. And I ll try to make it. Nice to mmet you. All best wishes....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...