Tuesday 17 April 2012

A New Obsession


You know when you find a new craft and you instantly fall in love with it? Well, that's what's happened with me and decopatch! For something so simple as cutting and sticking, it's amazing how therapeutic it can be.

You get so involved in deciding the pattern and placement of the next bit of paper and (if you're like me) the obsession of getting it all lined up nicely without an gaps or big globs of glue takes over and it allows your mind to totally focus on the task at hand. I've found it's a great way to take your mind off your worries as while you're engrossed in the gluing, your mind can unravel all the goings on and by the end you've got some sort of order to your thoughts and maybe even some clarity on the matter.

The absolute best bit of the whole process? The "I did that!" satisfaction you get from looking at what you've made! (Isn't that the whole point of crafting?!)  Never fails to boost your ego!!

These are me two latest projects:


I love this wee cat, I think it has some attitude about it, which most cats have, good or bad.



This wee piggy was a pressie for a friend and I loved the obsessiveness of making all the hearts go in the same direction! If you look really closely, you'll see that I actually cut the paper rather than rip it, so it's even more anal tidy looking... I just don't 'do' slap dash!





I'm now itching to find something else to decopatch!!

1 comment:

  1. I've recently discovered mod podge, it's now an obsession! I want to stick something to everything!!

    Heather xx
    maybecommon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...