Friday 22 June 2012

Itty bitty shoes

In preparation for our little poppet's arrival, I've been putting my crochet skills to good use and have made some ridiculously cute booties for her itty bitty feet.




They are so tiny I can't help but be amazed that her little baby feet will fit in these and in fact, the booties may be too big for her at first! 


The pink ones are made from the Nicki Trench Cute & Easy Crochet book, and although the pattern is pretty easy, it does require concentration to make sure both booties turn out the same size!




These lilac ones are the same pattern but I stopped at the bit where they turn more into a boot shape and I added a little strap to make them more like mary janes. 



I used Sublime Cotton DK for these and a 2.5mm hook to make sure they were small. The cotton DK is an absolute dream to work with and I'm sure will stand wear and tear quite well. I definitely can't wait to see what these look like on the little poppet's feet! 


1 comment:

  1. Woow.. Very cute booties...:)) I like both the pink and the blue ones... I will try to make...
    Best weekend...:))

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...