Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sewing Adventures

I used to be afraid of my sewing machine. My machine is a 1974 Singer and belonged to my Granny who used it for many many projects. When I first got it, I has now idea how to get it to do what I wanted and we fell out a lot!

Over the years, I have taken the odd sewing workshop here and there and have made friends with old faithful who has helped me make some great wee frocks for Poppet, a table runner in our family tartan, and even some clothes for myself!

Pattern matching this was a total nightmare! It looks amazing though.

Usually, I'm sewing at the dining table, among all the debris of every day life!

I'm hugely into flamingo print at the moment! I made a skirt with this fabric and I love lfouncing about in it!


I had some of this leftover from a dress I made myself, so naturally, made shorts for my girl

The mustard bias binding totally sets it off

Ice cream shorts


Shorts for a boy, these were a fun print!


One of my most recent makes is this beautiful cape in Liberty purple

I used Liberty tana lawn bias binding and covered my own buttons to match


9m of hand sewn binding...

Pattern cutting

This is my latest make, a Merchant and Mills Trapeze dress in a grey/pink tartan print

 I have plans for some more skirts and a few short sleeved tops for the (hopefully) upcoming spring weather, so watch this space for more!

Until next time,

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...